I really like having my washer and dryer upstairs on the same level of the bedrooms. I have a hard enough time getting laundry done when all I have to do is walk to the hallway. I can't imagine if I had to haul it all up and down the stairs from bedrooms to laundry room and back to bedrooms.
Now with sparkling machines, I decided I'd finally hang that Evertidy laundry organizer I bought at Costco a few months ago. It wasn't doing much good sitting in the box in the garage.project. I grabbed my tape measure and headed upstairs. The space above the washer & dryer measured 72 3/4" across. I went back downstairs and into the garage. The piece of plywood measured 72". Works for me!
Then I pieced some scraps of 1x4s and 1x2s, to avoid a 35 mile trip to the hardware store.
The shelf measures approximately 72" L x 24" W.
I thought these Macbeth Collection cubes would be used to organize the neighboring linen closet. They were a perfect fit for the storage bench (but the wrong color/pattern)- which means, they are a perfect fit for the same 72" long shelf. Now the pool towels are out of reach, so the kids won't select them as bath towels.project) to add a lower shelf intended for towels. Both shelves were trimmed with a piece of 1x4.
There is still 12" of shelf space behind the paisley cubes for more storage space.
So, this is the linen closet. Obviously, a "before" shot. I opened the door and snapped a photo. Embarrassing. The closet had become a mix of linens, cleaning supplies and general randomness.
Not bad for a spur of the moment project...especially considering the "before" shots.